Internship opportunities are available throughout the operating season at Smithfield. Please contact Smithfield's Museum Administrator, David McKissack at email@example.com if you are interested in one of the internship areas listed below. Internship assignments are made on an as-need basis and are suited to meet the needs and interests of each intern.
Meet our 2012 Interns.
Research and Exhibit Development
- Assist with research and development of special exhibits.
Public Relations Development
- Assist with business relations including developing corporate sponsorships
and writing grant proposals.
Marketing and Publicity Development
- Help develop a Museum Store web site.
- Help standardize publicity and branding.
- Assist with marketing strategy development.
Education and Outreach Program Development
- Assist with the distribution and updating of SOL kits for local schools.
- Develop and implement educator workshop programs.
- Assist in planning, organizing and implementing special events.